- Location: Castle Island Way, North Seaton
- Starts from: 10:30 am
Wansbeck Riverside Park, North Seaton
Updated 12/4/21 (Descriptions download added)
Pandemic: This event will be conducted with regard to Government and British Orienteering guidelines in force at the time.
Participation is conditional upon accepting the code of conduct for participants. It is important that you refer to the full document.
Note in particular:
- Do not attend if showing Covid-19 symptoms or are isolating or in quarantine.
- Arrive reasonably close to your allocated start slot.
- Respect Social Distancing at all times. Be particularly careful at the start, download and narrow pinch points.
- Please use hand sanitiser available at Start and Download.
- No entry on the day. See pre entry details below.
- No dibber hire on the day. See long term hire details below.
- Avoiding potential exposure to Covid-19 is more important than saving a few seconds at a control.
- Leave the area promptly after your run with no picnicking or socialising.
- A comprehensive risk assessment (covid appropriate) has been prepared.
Travel: From the A189 (Spine Road) follow the B1334 towards North Seaton. At the Fox Cover pub roundabout turn left on to Freeman Way. Follow Freeman Way to the end then turn right on to Castle Island Way. Take extra care when turning right at this bend. Nearest postcode NE63 0XL.
Parking: Considerate roadside parking along Castle Island Way. NZ287859 NE63 0XL
Entry: Online Pre entry only via SiEntries. No entry on the day. Entries open 4th April and close 18th April. Seniors (M/W21+): £7.00 Juniors (M/W20-): £2.00.
If a competitor has to cancel due to COVID 19 or if an event is postponed due to COVID 19, participants will have the option of either a voucher against a future event or a refund. NATO will organise this through SIentries.
Starts: Allocated 15 minute time slots between 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please go direct to the start.
Punching: SPORTident electronic (SIAC enabled). No dibber loan on the day. Long term loan to NATO club members by post until at least the end of May @ £5. Apply with your pre entry at least a week in advance. Dibbers are available for purchase from £29 upwards from SPORTident
Courses: All distances subject to final controlling.
- White (1.1 km.),
- Yellow (1.9 km.),
- Orange (3.5 km.),
- Light Green (3.7 km.),
- Green (4.2 km. n.b.:2 sided map.)
- Blue (6.6 km. n.b.:2 sided map. See also terrain note below).
Descriptions: Printed on the map and download here – now available. No loose descriptions on the day.
Map: Scale:1:7500. Green & Blue have a two sided map.
Terrain: Mixture of open and woodland along the north bank of the River Wansbeck. Extensive path network. Small area of sand dunes on some courses. Blue also visits nearby streets.
Dogs: Under close control.
Facilities: Public toilets in Ashington: by Lloyds Bank, 3 Station Rd, NE63 9UZ with parking on Station Rd. N.B. This is a one way system leading into residential streets. Customer toilets at ASDA cafe: NE63 9XG.
Organiser: Mary Rack: maryrackATaol.com ˜ or 07759 652694
Planner: Gwenda Cavill
Controller: George Hare
Safety: Orienteering is an adventure sport. Please take care of yourself. Risks have been assessed. Please bring your own requirement of water. Any relevant medical information should be declared at pre entry. There are brambles in the area so full leg cover is advised. The area is popular with dog walkers, cyclists and horseriders.