- Location: East Cramlington Nature Reserve
Our friendly pre-Xmas event has moved from Plessey Woods
Pandemic:This event will be conducted with regard to Government and British Orienteering guidelines in force at the time.
Participation is conditional upon accepting the code of conduct for participants. It is important that you refer to the full document.
Note in particular:
- Do not attend if showing Covid-19 symptoms or are isolating or in quarantine.
- Arrive reasonably close to your allocated start slot.
- Respect Social Distancing at all times. Be particularly careful at the start, download and narrow pinch points.
- Please use hand sanitiser available at Start and Download.
- No entry on the day. See pre entry details below.
- No dibber hire on the day. See long term hire for club members: details below.
- Avoiding potential exposure to Covid-19 is more important than saving a few seconds at a control.
- Leave the area promptly after your run with no picnicking or socialising.
- A comprehensive risk assessment (covid appropriate) has been prepared.
Travel: From A189 Spine Road or A192, take B1326 which runs between the two from Cramlington to Seaton Delaval.
Turn into East Cramlington Industrial Estate (signed).
Parking: NZ283761 ˜ NE23 6XW Safe roadside parking on the Industrial Estate approach road. Map
Return on foot to the main road, cross with care at the refuge and turn right to the Nature Reserve entrance.
Entry: Online Pre entry only via SiEntries. No entry on the day.
Entries opened Tuesday 1st December and close Wednesday 16th December (20:00).
Seniors (M/W21+): £7.00 Juniors (M/W20-): £2.00
A full refund of entry fees prepaid will be made to anyone who is then unable to participate due to self-isolation.
Starts: Allocated 15 minute time slots between 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please go direct to the start.
Punching: SPORTident electronic (SIAC enabled). No dibber loan on the day.
Long term advance loan to NATO club members by post until Easter @ £5. Apply in good time with your pre entry.
Dibbers are available for purchase from £29 upwards from SPORTident
Courses: Subject to final controlling.
- White (1.5 km.)
- Yellow (2.0 km.)
- Orange (2.9 km.)
- Light Green (4.5 km.)
- Short Green (2.8 km.)
- Christmas Challenge (6.2 km.)
Descriptions: Printed on the map and download here now available. No loose descriptions on the day.
Terrain: Open rough grassland interspersed with plantations.
Dogs: Under close control.
Organisers: John Crosby & Katherine Brown: 07502021816
Planners: James Boyd (Colour Coded) & John Crosby (Challenge)
Controller: Katherine Brown
Safety: Orienteering is an adventure sport. Please take care of yourself. Risks have been assessed.
Please bring your own requirement of water.
A whistle should be carried and may be a condition of entry.
Any relevant medical information should be declared at pre entry.
The area is popular with dog walkers. Model aeroplanes are sometimes flown.